The Trademark Registry’s Kolkata office will handle trademark registration in Patna, Bihar, for your startup logo or brand. All businesses in the following areas are required to be registered with the Trademark Registry, Kolkata Office.
More than 74% of people in Bihar work in the agricultural industry. Bihar is equidistant from both the country’s eastern and northern regions due to its unique location. There are over 200,000 kilometers of roads and nearly 6700 kilometers of rail tracks in the state. The Golden Quadrilateral and Freight Corridor that pass through it are strategic to the state’s industrial development.
There are 52 fully developed industrial areas and mega industrial parks in Bihar at the moment. Agriculture, textiles, information technology, electronics, and leather goods are the most important industries in Bihar. The expansion of the state economy is aided by aquaculture, communications and hospitality, and communications and aquaculture, in addition to renewable energy and thermal power.
What does it mean to have a trademark?
A trademark is anything that distinguishes a brand in the marketplace, such as a word, logo, symbol, or combination of words, symbols, and numbers. A trademark also prevents competitors from using similar names or logos because trademark registration discourages them from doing so. By providing customers with a variety of visual cues, they also assist businesses in developing a comprehensive brand identity.
In the long run, these prompts become the brand’s extraordinary offering focuses, empowering it to acquire notoriety. Also, it empowers organizations to separate themselves from their rivals.
The application fees for trademark registration in one class have recently been reduced by 50% for startups registered as MSMEs under the Udyog Adhaar Scheme.
The functions of a trademark include:
* Provides a means of identifying a product or service;
* Exclusive rights to the distinctive visual elements of brands;
* Associating the product or service with a reputable manufacturer ensures quality;
* Promotes and markets products and services;
* This law protects counterfeit and copycat products; Facilitates access to new markets and segments for a product;
* Builds trustworthiness, credibility, and goodwill for the business.
Types of Trademarks Companies and brands can register a variety of trademarks, including:
A combination of letters and numbers that represents a brand Brand name Graphics or logos
Any individual, company, or legal entity that sells any product or service may apply for a trademark. Sound marks for audio formats. In addition, trademark registration can take anywhere from 18 to 24 months to complete. After a trademark has been successfully registered, businesses can use the ® (registered symbol) to highlight its registration.
Additionally, businesses will receive a certificate of trademark registration guaranteeing legal protection. Every ten years from the filing date, trademark holders are required to renew their registered trademarks in order to maintain their rights to trademark protection.
Bihar Trademark Registration Documents
- Logo or trademark copy
- Details regarding the applicant
- Registration specifications for goods and services In the application, indicate the date the trademark was used. If necessary, a power of attorney.
Bihar Trademark Registration Process
* The steps involved in trademark registration in Bihar Entrepreneurs should conduct research and public searches to determine whether a trademark is available. Before submitting an application, applicants should verify whether identical trademarks are available in order to avoid rejection.
* In India, brand name applications should be recorded with the Brand name Library subsequent to picking a brand name. Additionally, they have a Kolkata office. In addition, businesses can now submit applications to the government online. It is best to consult a professional to ensure that your application is error-free.
* The examiner examines an application upon receipt and conducts a formal examination for 12 to 18 months. After it has been examined, the trademark is published in the Trademark Journal.
* During this time, a trademark registration can be challenged. If there is opposition, it is the responsibility of the applicant to defend their right to register the mark.
* A registration certificate allows you to use the ® symbol once a trademark application has been approved by the Trademark Office. The applicant must renew the trademark every ten years to keep it protected.