Registration for EPF: Documents Needed
Eventually, every company with a large workforce must register for EPF. EPF registration is required for companies with more than 20 workers. Small businesses with fewer than 20 employees, however, can register voluntarily. After reading this post, you will have a better understanding of the documents you need to register for EPF.
Before registering for EPF, gather the following documents:
Online and offline platforms are available for employer EPF registration from the federal government. The employer must, however, provide some mandatory paperwork based on the entity classification before implementing these approaches. As a checklist, the above list will serve as a guide for registering an employer.
How do I qualify for EPF registration?
Provident fund registration is required for establishments that meet the following requirements:
* Factory workers with a workforce of 20 or more are involved in a particular industry.
* A group of businesses with similar characteristics, as specified in a notification by the central government
* Employers who fail to register for EPF within a month of hiring twenty new employees could face a penalty. The number of employees of a registered organization must not fall below the Act’s minimum criterion to be eligible for registration.
* It is possible for a company with a certain number of employees to be subject to certain regulations by the central government. After two months of notification regarding required registration, an organization with less than 20 employees may register.
* Registration with the EPF is voluntary for businesses with fewer than 20 employees.
Companies in the private sector:
* Name of candidate
* PAN card information
* Passports, driver’s licenses, and voter identification cards are all acceptable forms of identification.
* The address of the business as well as the address of the household
* Contact information for the business.
* Registration certification for trusts and societies.
* Association Memorandum (MoA)
* Information about the PAN card; key personnel who handle company information; and the address of the society or trust.
Partnerships between companies:
* Written statement of the partnership deed
* Each partner must provide identification documents, such as a voter ID card, a driver’s license, and a passport.
* A list of the current business partners.
* Limited Liability Partnership (Company) documents proving the identities and addresses of active or existing partners
* Incorporation certificate for a company
* In order to oversee the operations of the company, the active director must provide the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) to the company
* Detailed information about every company director.
* Verification of the director’s identity and address.
* Incorporated by the Articles of Association (AOA) and Memorandum of Association (MoA).
* The initial sale bill
* Manufacturing equipment and raw materials purchased.
* Bank information, including IFSC codes, addresses, and account numbers.
* Workforce information for the organization
* Workers’ salaries and wages.
* Checks crossed out
EPF registration paperwork must be arranged before the entities interfere with EPFO registration procedures.
EPF Registration Step-by-Step:
The online registration process is more practical and practical than the offline one, so we recommend you use it to simplify the registration process. After preparing the necessary paperwork for EPF registration, the registration process follows.
* Navigate to the EPFO website using your browser.
* Choose “Establishment Registration” from the homepage.
* On your computer, you can get the instructions based on registration by taking this action.
* In order to submit an application successfully, the applicant must first register with DSC.
To access the portal, use your UAN and password on the signup screens. Follow the instructions on the screen to create one if you don’t already have one.
* When you log in, choose “Register for EPFO-ESIC”.
* You can apply for a new registration by selecting “Apply for New Registration”.
Your computer’s screen will now display the following two options:
- Act No. 1 on Employees’ State Insurance
- Act of 1956 relating to Miscellaneous Provisions and Employees’ Provident Funds.”
* Click Submit after selecting the option that best suits your needs.
* On the following page, there are a few fields that need to be filled out.
- Date of founding of the company
- Business information about the current employer and employees.
- Information about the employee’s work schedule and title
- Documents of identification
- For rapid reference or an overview of the details presented, use the dashboard’s choices.
- To complete the process, click “Submit”.
If the applicant is submitting a new application, he or she must complete the employer’s Digital Signature Certificate (DSC). Upon completing the registration process, you will receive an email confirmation.
You can avoid the employer’s EPF registration difficulty by following the above-mentioned steps. The online process is simple enough for even a non-technical individual to understand. Don’t worry, the registration process isn’t complicated. During the registration paperwork organization, the majority of issues arose. To complete the registration process on the first try, make sure your documents are legitimate in every way.