eShram Card: Eligibility, Process, and Other details relating to it
According to the Ministry of Labour and Employment, the eShram portal keeps a national database of unorganized workers, which is linked with their Aadhaar numbers. For understanding their employability status and providing them with social security benefits, the database includes their name, occupation, address, qualifications, skill types, and family details.
The major objective is to create a centralized database of every worker working in the unorganized sectors such as construction workers, migrant workers, domestic help, street vendors, agricultural laborers, handicrafts, etc. In order to deliver welfare schemes, we will assist them from social security services and share their information with a variety of stakeholders.
The eligibility for registering on the eShram portal
- eShram Card registration is restricted to those aged 16 to 59
- The eShram Card is available to anyone who works in the unorganized sector. Workers employed at home, self-employed, in the unorganized sector, such as agriculture, handicrafts, street vendors, or in the organized sector, but not registered with the Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) or EPF, or who are not government employees, are referred to as Unorganised Workers.
- A person should not be a member of the EPF/ESIC or the NPS (Government-funded).
The benefits of getting an eShram Card
- Unorganized workers will be able to take advantage of social security schemes administered by the Ministry of Labour and Employment and other interconnected agencies.
- eShram will maintain a centralized database of unorganized sector workers, which will be linked to Aadhaar.
- People with eShram Cards are entitled to a 2 lakh accidental insurance coverage under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
- Through this portal, all social security benefits will be delivered directly to unorganized workers.
- Using this database, the central ministry will provide assistance to eligible unorganized workers in times of national crisis.
- APIs are used to provide information on unorganized workers to various stakeholders, including ministries/departments/boards/agencies/organizations of the central and state governments.
Administrating the eShram portal are these ministries
eShram is administered by the following ministries:
- Registration of workers on the portal is handled by the Ministry of Labour and Employment (MoLE).
- The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) is providing Aadhaar-based user registration through UIDAI for determining an individual’s status as an organized or unorganized worker.
- In order to facilitate validation of bank accounts, ESIC and EPFO, the Ministry of Finance has been contacted.
eShram registration procedure
eShram portal’s process for registering non-organized workers is listed below
- Visit the eShram portal’s official website
- Register on eShram by clicking here
- Please enter the mobile number associated with your Aadhar card and the captcha code
- Please select whether you are a member of EPFO/ESIC (Yes/No)
- You can get your OTP by clicking ‘Get OTP’. Your Aadhar linked mobile number will receive a six-digit OTP.
- The registration form for eShram will open after entering the OTP
- Click the box to agree to the terms and conditions, then enter your Aadhar Card number.
- Verify the OTP sent to your registered mobile number by clicking on it.
- A pre-filled form will appear on the screen based on the details provided in the Aadhar Card. Click on the Continue button after verifying your details.
- Fill in your personal details, details of your permanent and current residence, educational qualifications, occupation and skill details, bank account information, etc.
- You will receive a preview/self-declaration of the registration form. Make sure all the details are correct, then click the declaration box and submit.
- Verify your mobile number by entering the OTP sent to it.
- Your registration has been completed. A Unique Identification Number (UAN) Card will appear on your screen, and you will need to download it. The UAN is a permanent 12-digit number assigned to each unorganized worker after they register on eShram.
The documents needed for eShram registration
- Aadhar Number
- Aadhaar-linked mobile number
- IFSC code for Savings Bank Accounts
- Certificate of Education
- Obtaining an income certificate
- Certificate of Occupation
eShram offers social security welfare schemes
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Pension Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
- Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G)
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
- Pension Scheme for Shopkeepers, Traders, and Self-Employed
- National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP)
- Health Insurance Scheme for Weavers (HIS)
- Ayushman Bharat Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- It is operated by the National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC)
- Rehabilitation of Manual Scavengers by Self-Employment
eShram is a great initiative by the Government of India that allows unorganized workers to get an accidental insurance cover of 2 Lacs under PMSBY. The portal will also deliver all other government schemes that have been established or will be created in the future. This database may be used by all unorganized workers in the event of an emergency or national pandemic.