There are lots of reasons to protect your trademark in India. People who own a business or brand in India, whether they are online or offline, always need to make sure that their brand is secure. Even your trademark protects your website domain, logo, and wordmark.
Either a physical trademark registration form can be filed or an electronic trademark registration can be filed (Online Trademark Registration India). Electronic filing has proved to be more efficient and effective in modern times, as well as more financially sound.
Benefits of Online Trademark Registration in India
- As well as being user-friendly, e-filing trademark applications ensures that a trademark application number will be generated right away (first a temporary number, then a permanent number). When a person has been given this number, he or she can start using the suffix TM after a trademark in order to establish that he is the owner of the trademark.
- E-filing also enables users to verify the accuracy of the application online in order to avoid errors during the filing process. Details can be previewed before submitting the application so that no errors are made in the process.
- The filing date will be generated immediately, as well as the fee will be acknowledged immediately upon the payment being received.
- An online status report can be found for the trademark application.
Registration of a trademark online: Procedure/Steps
Before applying for registration of a trademark, make sure there are no identical or similar trademarks already registered or for which an application has been made, by conducting a trademark search in the relevant classes.
A trademark can be registered within the territorial limits of a person’s business in India if he or she claims to be the proprietor of the trademark at the Trade Mark Registry located at the place of business in India.
The trademark is examined by the Registrar in order to determine whether it will be distinctive and will not conflict with existing trademarks registered or pending and an examination report will be issued.
The application should be accepted by the Trademark Journal after or before it is accepted.
Upon the publication of registration of trademark if any person gives notice within three months of publication of the registration that he/she opposes the registration. This period may be extended to one month.
When a decision has been reached by the opposition panel in favor of the applicant for trademark registration, the Registrar shall register the trademark as soon as possible.
When the trademark is registered, the Registrar of Trademarks will issue a Trademark Registration Certificate to the applicant as soon as the trademark is registered.
1. Who needs trademark registration in Madhya Pradesh?
There is a wide range of things that are able to receive trademark registration in Madhya Pradesh, such as words, names, devices, labels, numerals, or combinations of colors that are graphically represented.
2. Which trademarks cannot get trademark registration in Madhya Pradesh?
An application for trademark registration in Madhya Pradesh is not allowed if the mark is similar to or identical to an existing registered trademark or any mark for which an application has been filed.